1 hour 10 mins
- 3 ½ Tbsp. Pure Blends Coconut Oil Buttery Spread, divided
- ¼ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 ½ Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 quart unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 8 oz. shredded vegan cheddar “cheese”
- 2 tsp. Bragg’s nutritional yeast
- 1 lb. vegan elbow macaroni, cooked until al dente and drained
Combine 1 Tbsp. Buttery Spread with bread crumbs and set aside.
In a large saucepan over low heat, whisk together 1 1/2 Tbsp. Buttery Spread with flour to make a roux. When the mixture becomes a paste and light blond in color, gradually add the almond milk and garlic, whisking or stirring to work out any lumps. Simmer the sauce, stirring frequently, until it is smooth and thickened, about 30 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in vegan “cheese” and nutritional yeast. Finish the sauce by swirling in the remaining 1 Tbsp. Buttery Spread and season, if desired, with salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 400°. Toss sauce with cooked pasta and pour into shallow baking dish. Top with crumbs and bake 30 minutes or until bubbly.